GAME START TIMES
Friday - 5pm, 6pm, 7pm & 8pm
Saturday - 8am - 8pm
Sunday - 8am - TBD (based on number of teams)
LaHaye Fitness & Recreation Center
(9th & 10th grades and 11th & 12th grades combined)
Age Divisions (Click Here)
REGISTRATION FEES -
| $290 per team + $250 for gate tickets = $540
10 tickets per day (Fri, Sat, Sun), mailed to coaches prior to tournament)
|If received by 11:59PM of November 10
| $315 per team + $250 for gate tickets = $565
10 tickets per day (Fri, Sat, Sun), mailed to coaches prior to tournament
|If received between November 11 and 11:59 PM of December 2
There is an option to pay $50 to be guaranteed to not play on Friday.
There is an additional $20 fee for mail-in, faxed, or dropped off registrations.
Groups bringing three or more teams will be eligible to receive 10% off registration fees. You must contact our office for a coupon code in order to receive the 10% off - email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the code.
SPECTATOR & ROSTER LIMITS & GUIDELINES
Each team will be allowed a 15 roster max (including coaches and scorekeeper). There will be no gate, as tickets are provided as part of the registration fee. Depending on the COVID-19 guidelines at the date of the tournament, additional specators may be allowed. Masks are REQUIRED by ALL to enter the facility, coaches, players and officials only may remove their masks when they take the court. Spectators, Scorekeepers and clock keepers must wear masks at ALL times.
Detailed COVID-19 Safety plan and guidelines coming soon.
Deadline – December 2, 2020 at 11:59PM
Mail in Registration Form
TEAM WAIVER (Required)
Team Roster Form (updated to reflect 2020 caps)
Important Notice: Basketball Competition will be limited to the first 100 teams that enter and pay their registration fee or until a division is full. You must pay at time of registration to secure your spot.
***The home teams for each game will be required to provide a person to keep the book at the scorekeepers table.
Rules and Special Rules
Rosters: Team rosters are limited to 12 players, 2 coaches and 1 scorekeeper (Due to COVID-19 regulations)
Schedules: Schedules will be posted online as well as emailed to team representatives on/after December 12, 2020. Some divisions will be required to play on Friday afternoon, December 18th.
Conduct of Players: Unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the VA Commonwealth Games. Coaches will be held responsible for their players & spectators.
Team Check-In: Teams will not be allowed to play until they check in. Check will be Friday, December 18th from 9am - 6pm at the Lahaye Student Center - Lahaye Event Space. Teams will forfeit their first game for failure to check-in. PLEASE BRING BIRTH CERTIFICATES & REPORT CARDS WITH YOU TO TEAM CHECK IN. NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO REFUNDS. If you have not turned in your waiver, that will be required at check in as well!
Grades: Division category is determined by the age of the oldest team player. Coaches should be prepared to show proof of players age upon demand. Coaches will be required to furnish player proof of age/eligibility upon request from tournament director at anytime during competition.
Eligibility: Coaches are responsible to see that their team meets all eligibility requirements. If a player is found to be ineligible prior to the start of a sanctioned competition, the player will be expelled from the competition and the team will continue. If a player is found to be ineligible after the competition has started, the player will be expelled from the competition and the team will forfeit all games which the ineligible player was listed on the official score sheet. The team may continue to participate, if applicable, without the expelled player. Players are not allowed to appear on multiple rosters.
Proof of Age: Must be available for review, by a VA Commonwealth Games representative at any time during the competition. If said information is not available the team is subject to removal from the competition. Acceptable documents include the following:
1. a photocopy of that portion of the athletes' report card for the current school year which shoes name, grade and school.
2. Confirmation of grade level from a school administrator (guidance counselor, principal, dean, etc.) on school letterhead.
3. a photocopy of certificate of live birth from the State, County or Municipal Bureau of Vital Statistics on the place of birth (Hospital Records NOT Accepted).
4. A photocopy of the delayed registration of birth if the athlete's birth was not recorded on his day of birth, issued by the same governing bodies.
5. An unexpired Passport
6. Valid Drivers License or State issued I.D.
Format of Play: 3 Game Guarantee. Note - No team will receive medals if they do not participate in medal games.
Rules of Play: Virginia High School League and VA Commonwealth Games rules for boys and girls basketball will be followed with the following playing times and rules modifications:
1. 4th grade - 5th grade will play 16 minutes halves, 6th- 8th grades will play 18 minute halves, 9thgrade and up- including adults will play 20-minute halves. There will be a running clock for everything except time outs and the last 2 minutes of each half. All ages will have 5-minute halftimes and 3 minute overtime.
2. If the game is tied at the end of regulation, then all overtime periods shall be 3 minutes in length until the game is decided. One additional time out per overtime period.
3. Only those persons whose names appear on the official roster may sit on the bench. This includes 15 team players, 2 coaches & 1 scorekeeper.
4. Matching jerseys with numbers are required. Duplicate numbers are not allowed.
5. A player may participate in only one grade division, per weekend.
Game Balls - The undersized basketball (circumference shall be 28.5) shall be used for All 4th Grade- 6th grade competition. Teams must provide their own practice ball. Home team will provide the game ball and balls MUST be sanitized between use.
2020 Virginia Commonwealth Games merchandise will be available for purchase during events or online.
2020 Virginia Commonwealth Games bronze, silver and gold medals will be given in each category/division
Online Regististration/Website Questions: Contact the Virginia Amateur Sports office at 540-343-0987 or email@example.com
All dates, times, locations and formats are tentative at this time. Virginia Amateur Sports reserves the right to make changes to the sport information noted on this page. Some dates, locations and times may change due to registration numbers. Participants are encouraged to check sport info often for any changes.
Want to volunteer for the 2020 Games?
Fill out the Volunteer Application online: