The Athlete of the Year Program recognizes outstanding athletes from the Virginia Commonwealth Games.
Athletes of the Year are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Participation in the VA Commonwealth Games and medals won
- Attitude and effort
- Overall athletic participation and achievement
- Athlete’s motivation/reason for being involved in sports
- Special attributes or circumstances within the sport/community
- Why the athlete represents the spirit of amateur athletics and the State Games movement.
Submissions for 2018 have closed.